We are doing things a little differently this year for Valentine’s Day! We are giving flowers to our neighbors that are kind to us all year long. Typically we only do things for each child’s class room and our own family. I decided to mix things up a bit this year! Our one neighbor directly across from our house helps us out with Charlie our black lab, quite often. They will have him over for play dates with their two little dogs!! We take their dogs from time to time as well, but their help with Charlie when we are ridiculously busy with the kids is invaluable! The kids and I decided to gift them with flowers this year because we really wanted to say thanks, but also I know that I always feel SO special when I get flowers randomly, so why not spread some love!!
We have another neighbor and friend a few blocks down that has helped me out with carpool and play-dates with my oldest daughter, Ava since she was in Kindergarten. We are always saying thank you and tend to get little gifts for them for Christmas but, I wanted to show the kids that we can do little acts of kindness for others, on special holiday’s like Valentine’s Day as well. We will be gifting them with flowers this week!l! To me, flowers always say “You are special”, “I appreciate you”, “I am thinking of you”. Everyone deserves to feel this way!! I had a neighbor bring me brownies once, and it is something I will never forget. I want to teach my kids that we can do small things that are very impactful. It doesn’t have to be flowers, there are a million ways to show someone you appreciate them.
Here are 10 other ways to love on your neighbor:
- Have them over for dinner or buy them take out.
- Make your neighbor a plate of baked goods.
- Surprise them with a pair of Movie Tickets.
- Make them a personalized craft and a candy gram.
- Have your kids each write a note with something special they like about their neighbors and stick it in their mailbox.
- Rake leaves, weed their garden, water their plants, paint their fence, mow their lawn or wash their windows.
- Offer to babysit for free so they can enjoy a Valentine’s Day evening or date night together.
- Offer to walk their dogs.
- Offer to wash their cars while you are washing your own.
- Invite a neighbor over for a game night.
How would you show love to your neighbor!? I would love to hear!! We are always looking for new ideas. For those of you looking to buy flowers for a friend or loved one this Valentine’s Day, 1-800-Flowers.com is the perfect place for a thoughtful and convenient gift and the best part is that they sell more than flowers!! Head over to 1800Flowers.com to purchase your Valentine’s gift to show your neighbor, friend, spouse or kids how much you care about and love them! Use my exclusive code WHYILOVE for 20% off of your purchase here. This code is good for the entire month of February!! Happy month of love, friends!!