So I made it! Ben is home! Kids are alive… House is still trashed lol! I was thinking the other day about the things I HAVE to do to keep it together mentally! My schedule can be a little intense at times and if I’m not careful I can get really overwhelmed which often results in me shutting down, crying and freaking out on Ben. Lucky guy!! Lol … Here are 5 things I do to keep my sanity on a regular basis.
1) Workout: this is huge for me. On a good day I’m at the gym for 1-1.5 hours. I lift weights, do cardio and relax in the steam room. Once a week I get killed by a trainer! But, this is my “me time” and I look forward to it everyday.
2) Create: Creating is one thing that keeps me alive. I love making ideas, plans + dreams come to life. Every day I’m creating in some way. Most times it is through my blog.
3) Work: Lately, I have been working more than I would like. Working 2 days a week would PERFECT for me. That’s what we are working toward. I love the current job I’m in. My co-workers are awesome and the work is most times non-stressful. I consider work a little break from the chaos.
4) Get around other mamas: honestly, this does not happen as often as it is necessary for me. Once a week would be totally ideal but I get with my friends about once every other week and it is SO life giving. It’s usually one on one and just what the Dr. Ordered!
5) PRAY: I can’t tell you how many times I’ve just shot up prayers like “Lord give me strength!” This is my biggest sanity keeper and it works!!! Thankfully God is reliable and nearby even when it doesn’t seem like it!
What do you do to keep your sanity?! Please do share!!
Below is Evy’s trees newest hoodie release!! I’ve had the privelage of wearing quite a few of their hoodies of the past year. This one is by far the softest in material…I’m living in it! Plus I just love the color!! This one is called the “Sophie” in navy. It is available for pre-order today! Don’t miss it!! ❤️
Shop the post below: