Ben and I got married back in Connecticut 13 years ago. It has truly been the best 13 years of my life. We are complete opposite people, but we have an understanding and respect for one another. Below I’m sharing 13 things that we have both learned over the course of our marriage!
1. Ben’s enneagram is a 9 W 1. He is very polite and gets embarrassed, but likes things a certain way.
2. Be humble.
3. We are still figuring each other out, except Ben thinks he’s got me dialed in.
4. Don’t try and change your partner. Accept their quirks.
5. Words of affirmation are a big deal. No matter who you are, we all need encouragement.
6. Always say I love you before you go to bed.
7. Find a way to laugh everyday.
8. Have fun even if it’s at the other person’s expense. Teasing is a form of flirting.
9. Make time for each other every day.
10. You can date at home.
11. Get on the same page, especially when it comes to raising kids. Be a united front.
12. Communication is key.
13. Keep the bedroom spicy! Get creative.