Thank you Decoy for sponsoring this post. Elevate your occasion with Decoy wines.
Truth be told Ben and I do not get out for a date night as often as we would like! Most of our dates are at home these days and I am not mad about it at all! We even consider our evenings together where we can put the kids down and catch up on our favorite shows a date night! Going out requires planning, baby sitters and a lot of money these days! A date night in is always a good idea! Today I wanted to share 5 at home date night ideas that are fun!
- Play cards together: We love 5 crowns and Quidler! Both are super easy but do require some thought! I play just to play. Ben is super competitive and plays to win! We always end up talking about the most random things during card games but it is a good time! Lot’s of laughs for sure!
- Try a new recipe and cook together: This poses a challenge for both of us! Ben doesn’t like to share the kitchen with anyone! It makes him literally crazy and I hate to cook! SO for us, this date night idea would force us to do something we aren’t that comfortable doing but would end up being a real good time.
- Go down memory lane: Bust out the wedding photos, dating pictures, wedding video, whatever you can find from the past and walk down memory lane! I love doing this! It is the craziest thing to look back on where we have been!
- Play “Would you rather…”: You guys, this is hilarious! You can learn so much about a person by asking these questions!! When we first got married we used to do this all the time and we always ended up on the floor dying of laughter!
- Wine & Cheese: Make a cheese board with fruit and whatever else you love and enjoy a nice glass of wine! We love reds! Ben and I just recently received a few bottles of Decoy Wines that are actually located right here in Sonoma County and crafted from one of the finest American wine producers. Literally the perfect blend and appropriate for any occasion! This wine is definitely for one with good taste! I love their slogan that says, “The everyday wine for the well informed.” Besides tasting divine, I love their price point!! You can snag a varietal of Decoy Wines here.
So what is your take on a date night in? Do you like them or prefer to go out?! Let me know your thoughts below and also if you have any other great date night ideas, please share! Thanks as always for stopping by the blog!
Photos By: Nicole Quiroz Photography
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of CLEVER and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.