4 whole years! Where has the time gone? You can check out years one, two and three here, here and here. As I reflect on the past 4 years, one thing has been extremely evident- God’s faithfulness has been with me every step of the way. From day one miraculous doors have opened, I’ve been able to network with some of the most amazing content creators in the industry and partner with some of my favorite brands. It has been one of the most incredible journeys I’ve ever been on. I have to say that there is something so fulfilling and rewarding about doing what you love, every single day.
I’ve been successful and I’m extremely grateful for every triumph, but also for the failures. My success has not been luck at all. I’ve prayed and worked very hard. Today, I want to share 5 tips on being successful at whatever dream you are trying to make a reality.
• Do your research and connect with individuals that are successful in the industry or craft you are wanting to get into. Don’t let fear grip you. People are more willing to share information than you know. I still ask peers for advice and direction in the blogging world. This also gives you more insight into what you’re about to pursue. You don’t want to go into anything with blinders on.
• Be careful who you share your dreams with. Not everyone is for you. Share your dreams with people that will cheer you on and support you in your endeavors. Some people are negative, jealous and purely clueless. Surrounding yourself with these types of people will kill your dreams.
• Be consistent. Once you decide “this is what I’m going to do” you need to be all in. Not half in- all in. Consistency is what brings results, open doors and growth.
• Know your strengths. I had to learn the hard way that my strengths are not building websites, editing photos and mastering Pinterest. My strength is in content creation. When you are able, hire out so that you are able to focus your energy on the areas where you are strong and fully thrive. This way no area of your business suffers due to amateur efforts.
• Be positive. If you think you can – you will. Self-doubt will kill every single dream. Keep it positive- both in what you think and what you say!
You’ve got this!!!!
So much to celebrate today! Thank you for all the love and support over the years. I’m forever grateful. I have a feeling that this is just the beginning!! Happy new year my friends!
All Photos By: Etched In Time Photography
Dress By: Soel Boutique