I’m sure I am not alone in saying that I have probably done more baking this year than I’ve ever done in my life!!! One of my absolute favorites is my rendition on zucchini bread!!
After trying a lot of different recipes, I thought I would experiment with making my own variation!! I love anything with a lot of flavor in it, so I added some cinnamon and nutmeg and threw in some chopped walnuts for some additional texture!!! Nothing super groundbreaking, but definitely gives it an extra boost in flavor!! I sometimes like to substitute the vegetable oil with applesauce to make things even more interesting!!!
I’m so excited for you guys to try it out for yourself!! If you do, I definitely want to hear how you like it and, if zucchini bread’s not your favorite, let me know what your go-to baked good has been this year!!!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease a 9 x 4 pan.
- Mix flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, nutmeg, and cinnamon together in a bowl.
- Beat eggs, oil/applesauce, vanilla, granulated sugar, and brown sugar together.
- Add dry ingredients to the creamed mixture and mix well.
- Grate zucchini and lightly press the moisture out. Leave slightly moist.
- Fold zucchini and walnuts into mixture until fully combined.
- Pour batter into pans.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until a deep golden brown. I typically check the center of the bread with a toothpick or fork. Toothpick should come out with a few moist crumbs on it.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes.
- Optional: Store bread uncovered in the fridge overnight.