I know we are 7 days in to March here, but I wanted to get going on some goal setting! I find goal setting very effective, especially if I have a plan of action and I write it out. It will be an interesting month as we head out to the UK for a little over a week, but I am not going to let that stop me from accomplishing a few things!!
- Read more: I say this all the time and have not been intentional about making this happen. I need to find a good book, dive in and complete it! With our trip being next week, and kid free, I will be starting a good book! Please leave any suggestions for great reads below!!
- Quiet / Devotional times: When I was single and had no kids I had all the time in the world to journal, pray, go for long walks etc! Now that my life has drastically changed, I have to be creative at making this happen. Crazy enough, having a quiet time in my home to pray, listen to positive music, journal, etc is not realistic!! I have tried to wake up early and do this and it’s as if my kids can sense me being awake and my alone time party is over within minutes!! Believe it or not, my alone time is at the gym. It is my favorite time of day. I don’t kill myself there but I choose it as a time to pray, listen to worship music and get some cardio in. I also listen to uplifting podcasts during this time. My goal is to keep making this happen.
- Working Out: As stated prior, I don’t go crazy at the gym but I do attempt to go daily. I am trying to get in a good amount of cardio as well as some weight training. To be honest, since I hit 30 a few years back I have found that loosing weight and maintaining weight is nearly impossible!! I am trying hard and I am not going to give up! I am luckily surrounded by quite a few fit people that keep me motivated!
- Eat Well: So, this is the constant struggle isn’t it?! We all have GREAT days with eating and then horrible ones. Over the years I have learned what works for my body. What upsets my stomach and common causes of weight gain. I need to basically stay away from gluten, dairy and sugar. The dairy and the sugar are the hardest for me! The gluten not so much, because it actually really upsets my stomach! My goal is to tighten the reigns, especially with my sugar intake!!
- Clean out and organize closet: This has been on my to-do list for too long. I am going to see to it that this gets done. The main issue is that I don’t have enough organizational systems in place for my closet so space is not being utilized well. I will let you know in April if I get this done!!
- Continue interacting with FB groups: I just joined a few FB groups recently and it has really helped in the growth of my blog as far as exposure goes!! My goal is to continue to be active in these groups 2-3 times per week.
- Learn more about Pinterest and increase my following: Pinterest wasn’t always a daunting platform for me, until I realized how effective it can be in growing your blog and realizing I really don’t know much about it!! My goal is to educate myself and do more with this platform.
- Blog 1-2 times per week: Typically I would like to post 2-3 times per week, but I am being realistic with the amount of travel coming up. This goal is important but at the same time, I would rather produce one good piece of content than 3 half-hearted posts. I will let you know how this goes this month!
- Join Link-up parties: I have been hearing more and more about these link-up parties that happen on people’s blogs, but have yet to join one! If you know of anyone hosting one or if you host one yourself, please let me know in the comments below!!
That is it for the goals business for now! I will let you all know how I do!! On to this outfit. I really love dresses. I find them flattering and comfortable for the most part. This dressis super fun, comfy and in my opinion flattering. I do have a thing for maxi dresses however, and live in them in the Spring and Summer… sometimes in the fall too!! I do love a good floral print. It just gets me so excited for Spring!! What are your thoughts on floral maxi dresses?! You can buy this one here. I have also linked a few similar ones below!! Happy Monday friends!! Much love,
Shop the post: