[dahz_framework_product_2_col id_1_1=”7195″ id_2_1=”7196″ /]
[dahz_framework_product_3_col id_1_1=”7199″ id_2_1=”7200″ id_3_1=”7201″ /]
Hi everyone! Can you believe this shocker! I am in the kitchen!! I wanted to do a mini series this November in lieu of the holiday season coming up!! I wanted to share a few recipes that I love and inspiration with you all as we get ready for the most wonderful time of year! First up is this really easy blue berry cobbler! I love all cobblers, period! Apple, peach, berry, you name it!! I always felt that baking and cooking never came easily to me so I had my friend Sarah join me in the kitchen for this baking session!! Although she is behind the camera, she did a lot of directing and guiding and sharing of her amazing baking knowledge! We had a few recipes for reference and a base but kind of did our own thing! Read on below to see how you can make this really easy cobbler yourself this holiday season!
- 5 cups Blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2½ Tbs lemon juice
- lemon zest
- 1 Tbs corn starch
- 1½ cups all purpose flour
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 stick butter, cut into small pieces
- Preheat oven to 375°
For the Filling:
- Rinse blueberries and place in large mixing bowl.
- Sprinkle sugar, brown sugar, lemon juice, corn starch and cinnamon over blueberries and stir.
For the Topping:
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk flour, sugar, brown sugar, baking powder and salt together.
- Spoon or hand place mixture over blueberries and spread making sure to cover the blueberries.
- Sprinkle Cinnamon on top.
- Serve with ice cream or whip cream!
Simple as that! Not bad eh!? We will be making this again for Thanksgiving this year! I think its fun to have desserts like these for Thanksgiving! Next week I will be sharing a fun and elegant tablescape that can be used for Thanksgiving or Christmas this year! I am so excited about this and I can’t to show you guys what we have been up to! More to come on this “Home For The Holiday’s” series!! Thanks as always for stopping by the blog!!
Ps. My dress is less than 25.00 and can be found here!!
All Photos By: Sarah Schweyer