Carly and I met at a teen camp when she was 11 and I was 13. We have kept in touch ever since and have remained friends for going on 18 years now! My longest standing friend to date! Incredible. But I say that to say, I’ve always admired how Carly has gone about life. I remember often calling her up for advice and a different perspective. She has walked a steadfast life with The Lord and I so admire her for that!! Her wisdom surpasses her years. She holds a high standard for life and those around her have no choice but to come up higher and be better! Besides her connection with God, I always loved her high class fashion and style! Always so put together. Plus she’s drop dead gorgeous! Duh!!
Read the “interview” below to hear what she has to say about pregnancy, love & fashion.
1) How would you describe your fashion sense/style?!
I guess I would say trendy, but classic. I don’t jump on the bandwagon of every trend that comes out just because it is the new “it” trend. It has to describe who I am and flatter my body type.
2) Who or what is your style inspiration?
I love being back in LA (where I am from) and going into the boutiques or Nordstrom to see what the latest trends are!
3) What tips/ advice can you give new moms trying to style their baby bump?!
oh man, it was a lot harder then I expected it to be! I would say, find a few pieces that make you feel beautiful and invest in those. Even if it is jewelry or shoes. Accessories can change the whole look of the outfit and make you feel like a million bucks.
4) What’s your go-to pregnancy outfit/look?!
Dresses! I love being pregnant in the summer. I have had so many people tell me how much they hate being pregnant in the summer, but I love it! Now given, I have never been pregnant in the winter, but I can’t imagine having to put on boots and jackets and pants…I love being able to throw on a comfy dress and go.
5) Which pair/ type of shoes has been the most comfortable during this pregnacy?!
Well when I was visiting on the east coast…no shoes were comfortable since my feet got swollen from the humidity! I feel for pregnant ladies on that side of the country. But living in CA, honestly, any sandal/heel works for me!
6) What can’t you wait to wear once you’re not pregnant anymore?!
jean shorts! just normal jean shorts
7) What tips/advice can you give newly pregnant women about things to do to make themselves feel better as they adjust to pregnancy and their bodies as they are ever changing?!
Find someone who can tell you you are beautiful every day. Between the raging hormones, and ever changing body, it helped so much when my husband would look at me and tell me how beautiful I am and how much he loves my pregnant body. That and buying yourself new clothes always helps haha!
8) Tell us about your faith… When/ how did God first grip your life?! When did you decide to never turn back?
I grew up in a Christian home so it has always been a part of my life. I gave my life to Christ at a young age and never looked back.
9) You have a new blog!!!! Tell us about what inspired you to start one and what it’s all about!
I do! It’s all about dating/relationships/marriage and waiting for the one. I love love so much! I always have. I decided to start a blog on this because I remember the tears and heartbreak until I met my husband. I want to hopefully inspire other single people to hang in there and know that there is a light at the end of what seems like a long dark tunnel.
Bracelets- Alex and Ani
Sunnies: Alexander Mcqueen
Shoes: LA boutique
Dress- Cotton on
Shoes: LA boutique
Clutch: Forever 21
Thanks for stopping by the blog!! Be sure to follow Carly May’s blog !!
Love to you all,