Shop The Post:
Shop The Post:
Welcome to Coffee Date Vol. 7! If you missed last month’s coffee date, you can find it here. This coffee date is a little different that my past few. I use these posts as time to catch up with you all and share a bit about what has been going on in our lives. Even though A LOT is going on in our lives right now, and I have quite a few updates, I am going to save them for November! I cannot believe we are almost in November, btw! Anyhow, this month is all about some things going on in my heart!
Gratitude: the state of being grateful. Thankfulness.
Where I Got Lost:
Earlier this month I found myself not being as grateful for things as I should have been. I had just received huge favor, huge provision and open doors, yet is wasn’t enough. I found myself jumping ahead and asking God for more, the next big thing so to speak, without taking a moment to appreciate what God had just done. This was scary. I caught myself quickly and I felt like God wanted to challenge me. For one week I couldn’t pray for anything that I wanted more in this particular area. Instead I was to thank God for what I already had and what he had already done. This was harder than I thought it would be.
I began to make a list of every single thing God had done in this particular area that I was feeling like I needed more in. When I made this list I began to realize that ALREADY over the past year, God had done exceedingly abundantly above all I could ask or imagine. It made me appreciate EVERYTHING so much more. Every time I wanted to ask for more I would refer back to this list during the week and just say “thank you.” At the end of the week I realized a few things. # 1, if I don’t take a moment to a appreciate the goodness of God, then what He does for me will never ever be enough. # 2, My satisfaction and completeness cannot come from fulfilled dreams and answered prayers alone, It must come from who God is. My perspective and hunger for things of this world have shifted a bit since, but I have a long way to go.
The Power Of Gratitude:
- Encourages Humility
- Reduces Negativity
- Increased General Appreciation
- Improved Relationships
- Decreases Stress & Anxiety
- High Levels Of Optimism
- Better OverAll Health
How Can We Become More Grateful:
- Stop and smell the roses. Literally, take time daily, stop and think about a few things that you can give thanks for . For me, sometimes I have bring it back to the basics of just thanking God for my family’s health. Health is wealth. Something we can all give thanks for.
2. Write down a list of things that you are grateful for in the area of experiences for 2 consecutive weeks. I did one week, but I should have done 2. Research has shown that doing this has lasting positive effects sustained for up to six months… I believe this. After one week, things have truly shifted in my heart and mind.
3. Express or show gratitude to your friends, spouse and family. Positivity, breeds positivity and you literally shift the atmosphere by focusing on what you are grateful for.
4. Write down what you appreciate about yourself. Not something I gravitate to naturally but I think this is important. The sooner we realize how amazing we are, the more powerful and effective people we will become. There is a lot inside of each and every one of us to be appreciated.
Gahh! That was a mouth full but I have been sitting on this for a while now and finally got a chance to get it all out! I hope this all made sense!! Have an amazing week and thank you as always for stopping by the blog!!
All Photos By: Nicole Quiroz