This is the most wonderful time of year!! Growing up, my family was not overly traditional. We never had a real Christmas tree, mainly because my parents couldn’t be bothered but we still loved it!! We always went away during Christmas time as well, which was very exciting for my brother and I! Ben and I have started some traditions over the past few years that we plan on continuing for years to come!
- We get our tree the day after Thanksgiving, preferably from a tree farm, but we have
- definitely gotten a few trees from Home Depot in years past lol!
- Every year the kids get a new ornament. This year I got them one with their initials.
- Every year Ben and I exchange a heart ornament.
- We do advent calendars for each kiddo. My mother – in – law sends them every year for Christmas.
- We go Ice Skating.
- We go to the fabulous 40’s and check out all the cool lights on all the homes here in downtown Sacramento! This is literally miles and miles of residential areas filled with Christmas lights. It is the best!!
- On Christmas eve we exchange Jammie’s for the whole family, along with a new book for the kids!
- On Christmas eve we also watch a Christmas movie! Some of our faves are: Elf, Home Alone, The Grinch and a Christmas Story.
- On Christmas morning we have cinnamon buns and for our Christmas supper we have lamb.
- We have to listen to the Queen’s speech before we open presents (A tradition Ben had as a child. He is from the UK).
On to this outfit! This is the perfect time of year to be dramatic in your clothing choices! I consider this outfit a little dramatic! From the sleeves, to the mixing of prints this is a stand out look!! Confession: This is my first bell sleeve top this season!! What do you think of my choice!?!? I kinda went big! This skirt is my favorite. Very feminine in the style, the colors and the print. I don’t wear skirts often, but when I do, you better believe it is one that I am in love with!! I have linked the exact skirt and top below! Both are under 45.00!!
So what are some of your favorite Christmas traditions!? Please do share below! Happy hump day friends!! It is almost Friday!! Much love,
All photos by: sarahschweyer.com