I can’t believe Ben and I have been married for 8 years today! It has been the most 8 incredible years of my life and I am not just saying that. When I was 15 years old, I surrendered the area of dating and relationships to God. I vowed not to date until I met my husband. Ben came along 7 years later and he was worth every second of waiting. During that time of waiting and hoping for the right man to come along, I made a list of things I desired in a husband. Ben totally met and exceeded that list and those expectations. He is in my phone as “Man Of My Dreams” he is that and more. Here we stand 9 years together, 3 kids and a dog and I am more in love today then I was in 2007. I say all that to say, first of all I am extremely thankful, and secondly to those who are still waiting for that special someone, I encourage you not to settle!
Now on to the not so gushy stuff! 8 Things that you may or may not know about Ben and I:
- Ben does not like PDA. I love PDA.
- Ben’s love language is words of affirmation then physical touch. Mine is the same but flipped! Physical touch first then words of affirmation.
- We love to give. We want to become millionaires so we can give more.
- Ben was born in England. I was born in Jamaica
- Ben works Dignity Health placing patient’s in Mental Health facilites from emergency departments. He also works as a Real Estate Agent. Ben serves at our church Jesus Culture Sacramento as the head of security.
- I work as a Nurse Case Manager at a local hospital. My other passion besides blogging + fashion would be leading worship. I have the honor of leading with the most incredible people at Jesus Culture Sacramento.
- I got my tubes tied, so I THINK I am done having kids!? We may adopt one day in the future.
- We would love to spend our 10 year anniversary in Bora Bora 🙂
I think that’s it for now!! Thank you as always for stopping by the blog! Much love to you all.