Joy is one of those feelings or experiences that everyone wants to have on an ongoing basis. In my current circle of friends and at church, we always talk about “keeping your love on.” Today I wanted to share 5 ways to increase or “Keep your joy on!” Let me know what you think! xx
- Be Thankful: Thankfulness keeps us grounded and causes you to take a step back and think about what you have. Being thankful makes you contemplate and appreciate the way things were, the way things could be and helps you pay attention with gratitude in light of those around you that are in much worse situations.
- Simplify Your Life: Sometimes we need to take a step back and remove things from our life that are hindering us from enjoying the things that really matter. The areas that we want to focus on often get neglected because we are too busy doing things we don’t necessarily want to do or feel obligated to do. Simplifying your life will allow you to do simple things like enjoying your family and taking time in a day to take a walk or even read.
- Be Quick To Forgive: I believe the saying is true that when you harbor unforgiveness you are hurting yourself. I have watched unforgiveness hinder individuals from moving forward in life. They spend so much time and effort focused on hating a certain person that it stops them from making progress in all aspects of life. I have realized that it is not worth it.
- Do Not Live To Please Others: One thing that I have learned the hard way is that, you cannot please everyone. You will always disappoint someone, make someone upset or fall short, no matter how hard you try. You will be one miserable person if you live to make sure everyone around you is happy and pleased with you.
- Embrace Nature + Exercise: I can’t think of many other ways to immediately lift my spirits than a nice hike or a good workout. Getting outside and breathing in that fresh air either early morning or late at night, instantly puts me in a good mood. There is something about being outdoors that just awakens my soul!! Working out is essential for my joy. Burning calories and breaking a sweat just makes me happy, especially when I am in the mood for it!!
As always, thank you for stopping by the blog and have an amazing rest of your week!! Much love,
SHOP THE POST: